Here is some understanding of the Arabic language
In the Arabic Language we have 2 types of Arabic:
- Modern Standard Arabic or Classical Arabic
- Arabic Dialects
Lets talk about Modern standard Arabic
Modern Standard Arabic is the formal Arabic and it mainly used in:
- Reading and understanding the news papers and media like Aljazeera, BBC Arabic, and business Arabic
- Giving formal business speeches
- Reading Arabic literature and poetry
- Reading and understanding the Quran
- Giving Islamic talk
- Reading and writing legal documents
Now lets talk about Arabic dialects:
We have 3 main Arabic dialects are spoken wildly in the Arab world
- Levantine Arabic, which is spoken in Syria, Lebanon. Jordan and Palestine.
- Egyptian Arabic, which is spoken in Egypt.
- Gulf Arabic, which is spoken in The Gulf regent.
Speaking one dialect is enough to understand the others 100%
It is like if you are from London and you met some from New York!
The 3 dialects are used in:
- In every day life conversation
- Speaking to family and friends
- Speaking to collogues at work
- Watching Arabic movies and TV shows
- Listening to Arabic Music
- Giving small presentation at work
So in summery Learning a dialect is the best way to communicate effectively with native Arabic speakers in every day life conversation and learning MSA is best way to read and understand the Media Arabic, literature and Quran and giving formal business talks and speeches.
In the end of the day, you will need to learn both, you can start with one according to your main goals then you can learn the other one later on. If you learned Modern Standard Arabic only and you try to speak it with Arabic native speaker, the Arabic speaker will understand you perfectly but he will reply to you in his own dialects and also you will come across like Shakespeare speaking, as we dont use it in communication.
Now you have a good understanding about the Arabic language, so you can choose the right course for you!
Why do most teachers tell students that Modern Standard Arabic is the only choice for learning Arabic?
Most tutors teach MSA, and there is nothing wrong with learning MSA if your goal is to read the news, the Quran and literature. But if your goal is to learn how to speak, then this is NOT the best choice! Many teachers are afraid to teach Spoken Arabic because they donâ€™t know how. Also, there arenâ€™t any books about learning how to speak but there are SO many books about learning MSA, making it an easy choice for the teacher.
If I learn one dialect, can I understand the others?
Mastering one dialect is enough to understand the others completely!
All dialects are very similar, so donâ€™t worry about not understanding the other dialects.
How many hours do I need to be really good at speaking?
You need between 50 to 80 hours of Arabic tuition (one to one).
We guarantee that after this you will be a confident Arabic speaker.
Arabic is not hard! Arabic is easy!
Many students assume that Arabic is difficult to learn because of the alphabet and the script. But its actually much easier than you think, because Arabic is a phonetic language. There are so many English words that are written differently from the way they are spoken, but this is not true for Arabic. The way we write is very logical and we write the way we speak. This makes learning new words easy!
As you learn the shapes of the letters, everything becomes simple and easy!
What happens when you try to learn Arabic in London?
Most schools in London teach Modern Standard Arabic. They donâ€™t have a system or method to teach Spoken Arabic (dialects).
Many teachers are only happy to teach Modern Standard Arabic, not Spoken Arabic. When you tell them you want to learn a dialect, they say you should learn Modern Standard Arabic not Spoken Arabic.
- WE UNDERSTAND THE NEED OF OUR STUDENTS
- LESSONS PLANS FOR EVERY CLASS
- HIGH FLEXIBILITY OF LESSON TIME
- HOMEWORK EACH WEEK AND MONTHLY PROGRESS REPORT
- FREE LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT NEEDS ANALYSISâ€¨
- WE HAVE SPENT OVER 8 YEARS FIGURING OUT A SUCCESSFUL METHOD TO LEARN SPOKEN ARABIC AND MSA